- music day in Hartcliffe
- housewarming in Hartcliffe
- parents’ anniversary in Abergavenny
- bought some new monitors
- sorted out old clothes
- lots of fedora 8 testing
- met a new baby
- got car tax
- got proper printer inks and fancy paper roll
- got wii remote recharger stand
- new manga
- longed for a ダンボ of my own!
- sorted stack of books to read
- re-tested compiz on multi-card nvidia setup – still didn’t work
- tried to test compiz on multi-screen radeon setup with open driver – couldn’t get out of clone mode
- took a few pics
well, i followed the instructions here and restored my old XP vm image. and 3D stuff still works. i guess maybe the two weren’t connected when it went wrong on the other computer.
of vague interest to some: first i installed the VM as an x86_64 system (yes, running 32bit XP) with two cores. it ran fine but used one of my cores flat out permanently (qemu-kvm). re-installing as an i686 system with one core sorted that out. not sure which of those two things caused/fixed it though.
hooray! right, back to the 3D programming then. just as soon as i’ve eaten something 🙂